1902 W. Union Hills Drive, PMB 37372, Phoenix, AZ 85027
Public Bio: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurt_Schemers
Facebook Segment Library (be logged in): https://business.facebook.com/kschemers/videos
Radio and Television Core Competencies
• Anchoring Genres - Lifestyle, Current Events, Personal & Professional Betterment, Financial News and Market Commentary.
• A decade of successfully hosting thousands of radio & cable television (local & national live hours) appearances and interviews for lifestyle, current news events, financial markets, and political commentary combining sponsorship pitch, endorsements, and remote location broadcasts.
• Strong rapport building skills, well established contacts with experts, industry titans, run-a-way bestselling authors, columnist, celebrities, local and national level politicians, and magazine founders.
• Confidence with an excellent outgoing personality to handle events smoothly; broad working knowledge of all big stories with conversational anchoring style, plus on-air interactive and engaging abilities to capture and retain the audience’s attention.
• Remarkably clear, attractive & well-controlled voice; excellent timing, pronunciation, oral and written language command - ability to ‘convey right message’ to the audience.
• Portrayed self, (2008) “Pineapple Express”, Sony / Columbia Pictures.
• Paranormal Witness, SyFy Channel, Officer Dean Thomas, Season 5, Episode 10 - “The Jail”.
Desert Son Media Corporation – Anchor, Host, Writer, and Creative Producer, January 2001 – Current
Versatile, high-energy executive who leads companies through change and challenge to profitable growth. Strategic problem-solver who envisions smart solutions and executes with urgency. Hands-on leader able to keep teams focused and productive during the inevitable ups and downs of growth cycles. Strong financial background and broad leadership experience in product development and operations in diverse industries including brokerage and banking, and media. Member of RPSA and NAPL.
• Founded the company and launched an innovative programming, Traders Nation, expanding syndication channels for the programming and creating a strong network of partners to drive broadcasting.
• Driving financial research and analysis to prepare and implement feasible business financial plans, assisting with fiscal accounting, budgeting, and forecasting.
• In charge of the provision of coaching and feedback to staff while proceeding to the implementation of corrective actions when needed.
• Prioritizing staff duties and managing staff performance to ensure the successful completion of tasks and attainment of goals.
• Leveraging operations productivity through ongoing monitoring of KPIs and re-alignment with performance objectives, fulfilling staffing needs to achieve optimum performance levels across departments.
• Serving as a host, having visited high-caliber guests, including country-icon country-icon Willie Nelson, billionaires Steve Forbes & Ken Fisher, A&E's Larry Winget, former Treasury Under Secretary John B. Taylor, Former Congressman Mickey Edwards, and former Iraqi Minister of Defense and Finance Ali A. Allawi.
• Acting as company spokesperson, cultivating positive media relationships to maximize business exposure and awareness.
• Identified as Industry Expert, quoted in published books and business and industry publications, such as The Wall Street Journal, Investor’s Business Daily, and Penny Cents Magazine.
CPG Salon LLC, President, Managing Member – February 2016 – Present
• Created, wrote, and implemented a business model of salon management for senior retirement communities.
• Experienced substantial growth of the model from zero to a chain of 6 locations, in 4 cities, in the first year.
• Successfully negotiated and executed high-level contracts of Salon Managed Services with nationwide corporations.
• Created a supply chain to ensure products, services and supplies are coordinated to keep the company’s operations running resulting in 100% accountability of equipment and materials.
• Responsible for daily, weekly, and monthly reporting of service input and output volumes across individual staff members as well as identifying areas for improvement.
• Designed and implemented a new HR On-Boarding Program.
• Contributed to the development and implementation of new policies and procedures based on corporate guidelines for HR Processes and CPG Handbook.
• Co-authored company's employee handbook outlining payroll, background checks, benefits, company policies, breaks, vacation, and performance expectations for employees.
• Spearheaded monthly advertising campaigns in print and audio. Designed all quality collateral material for distribution, wrote and then coordinated audio pieces for direct awareness programs.
• Developed and managed the company's internal and external communications system to distribute company news and critical information.
• Re-established effective working relationships with media representatives, and local officials.
• Help put on events, such as “Meet and Greets” with Communities and client/family members, Vendor Show Cases, and Holiday Sponsorships.
Charles Schwab & Co. – Retirement Services Professional, February 2011 - May 2017
• Responsible for a broad spectrum of retirement and financial services while supporting retail clients and branches across the United States.
• Exceptionally client focused; able to effectively and quickly build relationships and establish trust, respect, competence, and confidence.
• Leading and empowering high-performance and high-energy teams to make a major contribution and impact to the business.
• Revising and streamlining operations and processes resulting in staff’s whole commitment to the development of robust relationships with customers, vendors, and colleagues alike.
• Managing customer issues in a professional manner, putting forward exceptional communication and negotiation abilities.
• Displaying top-class team leadership, providing enlightening pieces of advice to the team in order to assist members to resolve issues and meet individual and collective goals.
• Handling multiple responsibilities to align high productivity with service excellence, while managing the processes for system and records control.
Desert Son Print Media, President, April 1989 – August 2004
• Established and developed the business from zero to the eighth largest in the state of Arizona, increasing revenues 100% year-to-year during the first 6 years.
• Shared in-depth knowledge and expertise to drive end-to-end business operations management and leadership, resulting in 94% employee retention.
• Evaluated and acquired production equipment, leading to the enhancement of multi-departmental capability.
• Spearheaded cross-functional team activities so as to facilitate the attainment of productivity, quality, and bottom-line objectives; wrote standards and scopes to ensure workplace safety.
Professional & Personal Vignette
• Founder, creator and host of Traders Nation® -- syndicated in commercial software platforms, 10 radio stations, and 44 cable television stations nationwide.
• Served as highly successful company spokesperson, generated positive media relations, identified as an Industry expert, and garnered coverage in business/ industry publications, including The Wall Street Journal, Investor's Business Daily, and cover of Penny Cents Magazine twice, and quoted in published books.
• Well established billion dollar rolodex.
• Schemers, the youngest of seven brothers and sisters was born in Detroit, Michigan. In 1971, at the age of 6, his family moved to Arizona. He is married to his life-long soulmate of 36 years.